Audcomp is one of the region’s largest and oldest IT solutions providers. We are a leading specialist in Managed Services , Cloud Services , Professional Services , Network Services , Consulting , Asset Management , Preventative Maintenance , IT Products & Solutions , and more! Audcomp’s clients include Universities, Municipalities, Medical, Industrial, Commercial, Public Sector, and many others.
We are looking for a qualified Managed Services IT Technician to remotely monitor and maintain client servers, computer systems and networks infrastructure. This is an inside position working from our Ancaster offices.
A successful Managed Services IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability. You will be working in tandem with our team of Field Technicians and the client’s Account Representative.
If you love technology, computers and networks – this is your time to shine! We take care of our technicians and promote based on performance and customer satisfaction. Our environment is full of technology enthusiasts just like you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively monitor client networks, servers, workstations and network infrastructure
- Remotely maintain servers, computers and necessary peripheral devices, including printers, scanners, etc.
- Remotely manage, troubleshoot and configure switches, access points, routers, firewalls and other network infrastructure
- Install and configure appropriate software and configure according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local and remote networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems
- Maintain records/logs of maintenance, repairs and fixes
- Identify computer or network equipment for replacement, upgrade or decommissioning
- Maintain managed services infrastructure, monitoring tools and systems
- Provide reporting for client sites and make recommendations to help better their IT environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience as a Managed Services IT Technician or relevant position
- Experience with design, installation and configuration of Windows Server 2008 through Server 2016, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2010-2016
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure cloud services
- Virtualization, using both VMware and Hyper-V is desired
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certifications will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, VMware, Cisco, HP, WatchGuard, others
Group Benefits package after 3 months.
Dental, Prescriptions, Medical, Paramedical